The Lewisboro Parks and Recreation Department has notified town residents that there will be a summer camp program this year, but it will be different from previous years.
Many restrictions will be implemented as a measure to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and to protect campers, employees and the community. Details are as follows:
• The number of campers per group will be restricted to a small “pod” of 10.
• The campers in each pod will remain the same throughout the three-week sessions and potentially for the full six weeks.
• Each pod will have the same two staff members for the whole duration of the six- week camp program.
• Each pod will have its own set of equipment and materials that will be designated for the pod’s usage so there is only sharing among the pod.
• The summer camp program will be limited to those entering first through sixth grade only.
• The anticipated summer camp session is scheduled to run from Monday, July 6, to Friday, Aug. 14, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., with an hour drop-off from 8 to 9 a.m. and an hour pick-up from 3 to 4 p.m.
• Campers will be assigned to an appropriate pod and friend requests will not be accommodated.
For registration and more information, visit lewisbororecreation.com.