The buzz in our community continues after last weekend’s Harvest Festival sponsored by the Pound Ridge Partnership, co-chaired by Kevin Long and Melinda Velez, and made possible by so many volunteers and sponsors. I still can’t comprehend how Dawn Decker organizes all those kids’ area activi…

Seventy-five degrees in October is so different than 75 degrees in September. The sun/shade differential increases, and the smells and sounds are distinctively autumnal. There’s more of a stillness around. Can you feel it? With the beginning of fall, we appreciate the late blooms as many pla…

It’s so easy to establish connections with strangers when you work side by side on a common task. Such was the case at the recent Eco-Chic event co-sponsored by the Pound Ridge Partnership and Kahlo Collective. As a volunteer, I met so many folks I didn’t know, and not just from Pound Ridge.…

Our traditionally quiet town during the summer was not as quiet this year, maybe because folks wanted to get out after more than a year that seems to have just disappeared from memory. At the last Food Truck Friday of the season, people were asking for just one more, but that won’t happen. D…

The Labor Day Artisan and Vintage Flea, held in Scotts Corners, featured more than 40 vendors, live music, and, of course, food trucks. Everyone I spoke to was abuzz with compliments on the improvement in vendor quality over past years, which made meandering down the avenue a very pleasant w…

• Updated

At this writing, the weather forecast looks promising for the Labor Day Artisan and Vintage Flea Market sponsored by the Pound Ridge Business Association with 40 vendors here in town. The event attracts folks from neighboring counties and beyond, and that’s a good thing for Pound Ridge, as i…

As usual, I’m looking forward to Food Truck Friday tonight, from 5 to 9 p.m., presented by the Pound Ridge Partnership. What I like most about FTF is that it’s a low-key, free event that’s not commercialized, and has maintained its stature as basically a community picnic with lots of smiles.…

I scream, you scream, we all scream for …  ice cream! Indeed, as we head into the final stretch of summer, the signage hanging in the walkway between Westchester Avenue and the back parking lot announcing the treat seems almost cruel. Rumors are swirling like a twist of soft serve that the f…

• Updated

Most Augusts are empty around here, but it seems a little different this year, as if this is where folks are vacationing. For me, the tip-off that new people are in town is when I see a lot of strangers in The Market, often dressed a bit more city-like and shopping as if they don’t already k…

• Updated

Rain doesn’t always drown out the fun. Last week’s Food Truck Friday presented by the Pound Ridge Partnership had a sizable attendance beginning right at 5 p.m. on what began as a blue-sky afternoon with zero chance of precipitation. Suddenly, around 7:30 p.m., the skies opened up and there …